Monday, October 26, 2009

Research Assistant

Hi. Today I helped my mom. She called me her research assistant. What that meant was we went to the mall, which we called the 'mercantile' (because we were pretending we were Laura Ingalls Wilder and Ma today). She wanted to go to a store called Anthropologie to study their jewelry and get inspired for new ideas for her own jewelry. I did not like that. I had to go in there 3 times. I got really bored.

After that we went in a whole bunch of stores. And after that, I went and saw the most adorable dogs in the pet store. I wanted to keep all those dogs. They were so, so adorable! It made me really sad they are all alone there in the store.

And, after that, we met our friend, Gina, and she bought me a Noah's Ark puzzle. I'm working on the edge of the puzzle right now. We played birthday party at Pottery Barn Kids and I served cake and donuts.

I know this is random but I am going to put a picture of my dad and Drew working out in our dining room, doing Shred. My mommy dared them. They were working for beer and Cheetos. They needed to work out because they were getting chubby.



I know this is random but I am going to put a picture of me on my mom's radio show. I was their guest Thursday. I talked to my pen pal's mom, Carly, on the radio show. She talked Australian. (Can you hear my accent?)



Tonight my mom is making butternut squash soup for dinner. I don't like it. I think it's disgusting. But I love the rest of my mom's food. Kind of.

Love,
Emily

3 comments:

  1. Love it, Em! Thanks for hanging out at the mall today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum... you can send me some butternut squash soup... sounds good. Love the pictures at the radio show!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emily! I don't know if you remember me but we went to the pool when you were in South Dakota visiting your grandma Kaija. I am so happy to see you have a blog. I think its very cool that you got to go with your mom and talk on her radio show. Not very many kids get to do that! Thanks for keeping us updated on what goes on in Emilys world!!!

    ReplyDelete